Thursday 20 February 2014

Fabriholics Anonymous - February update

As you know, I have decided to get serious about my fabric hoarding stashing habits.  I joined a group of other fabriholics and we are all trying to resist delicious, scrumptious, yummy, amazing, drool-worthy fabric for 6 months.  Stop laughing - we are serious!! 
 
FabAnon

How did I do in month two/February?

Well....  my stash club fabrics arrived which were yummy (this month was GREEN and you KNOW I LOVE green) but I was allowed to have them [said in a whiny voice] as I had already committed to the club before I started my 'fabric fast'.

bundle-2
Photo by The Village Haberdashery

However, I must confess that because this month was GREEN fabric, I added the option of an additional 6 organic fq's to my pre-order of 10.  Greedy I know!!!  But, in my defense, you will be proud of me that in 2014 I have given away 16 fat quarters so my  fabric pile stash has not grown!  16 in and 16 out.  Not too bad!  Oh and I have sewn some things using stash too - and scraps.

bundle-1
Photo from The Village Haberdashery

So, in summary, I would say that being an addict means you can come up with any logic to suit.  Therefore, in month two/February I have been a good girl!  All those in favour say AYE.

How did you do this month?

Linking to Making Rebecca Lynne


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! I don't have a stash and just buy for each project, although a do have a scrap basket that bulges!

Leanne Parsons said...

Aye! Your logic sounds good to me.

Indianna said...

Mmmmmmm ... Not so sure about the logic. The stash club is a nice drip feed every month, bit like a nicotine patch!!!

DeborahGun said...

Hmmm ... :-)

Alla Blanca said...

Thank you for sharing honestly. I am not judging, as we all have our weaknesses. You probably have more likelihood of using your new fat quarters than I would if I acquired several every month. (Drip feed, indeed.)
I look forward to your progress next month.

MetroQuilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MetroQuilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MetroQuilter said...

Of course your pre order was allowed - it was Green!

memmens said...

You are so right about the addict logic to suit! I need to write my February post too!

Charlotte said...

excellent justifications. I approve.

Rebecca Lynne said...

Hahahhaa I love the justifications! Very good, very good... And, btw, Green is my favorite color too!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Aye!!!

Sarah said...

I haven't the heart to disapprove when you love green so much ;-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

YOu and me have the same logical ability I reckon!

Pennie said...

Aye, and I didn't join the fabric fast because I was worried my lack of fabric buying might affect Annie's bottom line. As I didn't get the stash club this week, I bestow on you the honour of maintaining Annie's profit margins ;-) so you see it's not a fail, just a diversion of resources....

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

This post made me laugh. I should be on a fabric fast but there's just no way it's going to happen. But I am making a point of using more and more of my stash. I love green too and the ones you got are lovely additions.

knottygnome said...

in my eyes ending up 0 net totally counts as not stashing. great job!

Mystic Quilter said...

Guess if it was pre-ordered you are safe!! I see new Hoffman batiks are out and I dare not look at three favourite sites because I know they are going to have them in stock!!