Saturday 2 November 2013

And sew on and on and on...

I have really enjoyed the "And Sew On" block of the month with Kristy @ Quiet Play.  She really does make some very clever paper pieced patterns.  My favourite block to make was the 'Stash Cupboard'!  I made this for the Sewing Room Swap and my secret partner loved rainbows (the shelves are full of a variety of fabrics to represent the rainbow), she loved paper piecing (which is why I picked this block to make her mini of) and she loved Sweetwater fabrics (binding, wallpaper and cupboard door).


Here are some of the extra details I added:
Top left to right: a clock, a removable two sided name badge hung on the doorknob of the cupboard
Bottom left to right: a thimble on top of a stack of books with selvages, scissors on the floor


I really enjoyed making this mini quilt for my partner to hang on her bare sewing room wall.  The little touches and details were so much fun to add - I wanted it to look like a real sewing room and stash cupboard with a pile of books and an overflowing scraps basket!  Maybe I should have thrown some threads all over the carpet for a more realistic effect!

Thank you Kristy for these wonderful FREE patterns.  I am looking forward to the next Block of the month she has planned for the new year!

Linking to Quiet Play

16 comments:

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

I absolutely love all the little tiny details you added. SO cute!

Tammy said...

What a great job you did. I am sure she will love it.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love this mini and all the extra details you added!

Thanks so much for joining in the BoM this year - looking forward to more fun next year!

Kathy said...

This is so fun! Love all the added details especially the clock!

Liz DandeliondD said...

Such a great block and your extra details are truly fantastic.

Charlotte said...

brilliant!

Wendy said...

It looks fantastic, I love the extra details you've added. Looking through all the links has made me want to make mine again!

Indianna said...

You did a fantastic job with this block. I love the rainbow shelf and the clock etc.

Ella and Nesta said...

This is so cool! Love the clock!

Sooli said...

Love the addition of the buttons, particularly the clock. You've given me an idea of a way to use a sewing machine charm someone sent me! (just have to remember where I put it now!)

Sarah Lou said...

The detail is amazing, I love the clock!

Sophie Belle Designs said...

this mini is absolutely amazing - well done

Nilya said...

Lovely Details!

Kathleen said...

This is just so stinkin' cute!!

Lisa England said...

Love this! The embellishments are brilliant!

Susan said...

Love the added details!