Tuesday 8 October 2013

4th Quarter GOALS - I have 84 days

2013 button

An embarrassingly ginormous list - a list of ALL the things I really really really want to complete before the bell tolls at midnight on the last day of 2013.  Some of these things are from early 2012.  Yikes - I owe it to myself to clear the decks of these started-but-quickly-abandoned projects!!  I have 84 days to work on my list.  I will also be working on bee blocks and swap items PLUS any spur of the moment whimsy/creativity and spontaneous Christmas presents that are yet to be planned and sewn (oh dear) - or listed!!

Ok, here goes:

1.  Marcelle Medallion - get over my fear of 60* triangles and do the border and the rest and make into a quilt top flimsy.  I can't wait!!

2.  Arrow quilt - make a back, baste, quilt, bind (does it need another border or just some nice red binding as it is????)

3.  Shaggy Edge' boy' quilt - cutting is all done, need to sew the 3 layers together for each square then figure out the layout and sew it all together, wash and dry, wash and dry, and wash and dry again!
DONE

4.  Union Jack pillow case paper piecing project from Fat Quarterly Retreat TWO summers ago - I need to finally finish it!!

5.  Scrappy Trip quilt - complete the remaining 30 blocks and sew into a HUGE quilt flimsy.  I hope to send it to a long-arm person as I am planning this to a big a** quilt and Mr Toyota can't cope with big a** quilts!  Nor can my poorly shoulder for that matter!

6.  X Factor pillow - cut, sew and submit.  I have the stack of low volume prints already (but I have to keep the rest of the fabric a secret) and I have the pattern - just have to make it now!

7.  "Winter" themed mini quilt - design, sew and submit.

8.  "I love London" Noodlehead Divided Basket - finish this project as it has been cut out waiting for me to sew it for far too long.

9.  Door Stop and tutorial - Annie I PROMISE to get this done for you in 2013!!

10.  EPP Christmas project of Katy's Carnival pattern - only a dozen or so more shapes to sew together so I can stitch it into a cushion or table topper maybe.

11.  "And Sew On" block of the month project - complete last two blocks and sew into something.

12.  Mod Sampler quilt - FINALLY quilt and bind this bad boy!

13.  Amy Butler Happy Hour quilt - stitch more blocks to make a full size flimsy

14.  "4 Things" quilt - make a back, baste, quilt, bind, label

15.  Girl on a Swing embroidery - finish and then make into a pillow or journal cover or something!!

16.  Great Granny - finish making blocks for this quilt, sash and drool on flimsy!

17. Drawing in Stitches - make something out of these two blocks


18.  Union Jack blocks for a quilt flimsy for Mr Crafty Shenanigans' birthday from TWO YEARS AGO!!!  (oooops)

19.  Polaroid blocks - make something with these puppies!

20.  Lucky Stars Block of the Month - catch up on the blocks!!!  I've only made four so far - oops.

21.  Wonky Stars bee quilt - another quilt to sew blocks together, make a back, quilt it, bind it - or just settle for a flimsy!

22.  Wonkyville!!  Sew this village together into a flimsy :)

23.  A STACK [and I mean a HUGE STACK] of orphan blocks including R2D2, a butterfly, some red mugs, loads of log cabins, solids blocks and these double wonky churns.

24.  Trim the Tree Ornaments - complete four ornaments
1# DONE, #2 half done, #3, #4, #5 (I was a Swap Angel)

25.  HST quilt - add another border(??) and finish this sucker!  It is too small as it is so I want to make it bigger somehow.
 
____________________________________________________

Eeeeeyikes - should I hire someone to help me!!!???  I appear to be a magpie when it comes to projects - and I have even left out the Impromptu Quilt and the St Louis 16 patch quilts plus a few other things like my Oakshott wonky plus sign mini, Skirt Bag and hanging tea towels (because I have to be realistic, right?). Houston - I think I have a problem!!! ;)

Linking up to to Leanne of She Can Quilt for the 4th Quarter Finish A Long linky.  Here's to some major sewing between now and the end of December folks!!!

15 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

Crikey Amy - good luck with all this! I reckon if you sew for 22 hours a day you should get it all done by Christmas.

Di said...

Which Christmas are you aiming for? 2014? 2015? 2020? Best of luck Mrs.
Di x

Colette said...

Geeez Amy, you like to hoard a W.I.P!
No sleep for 3 months and limit your time at work and you can do it! Go girl!

Pink Stitches said...

Wow you are a busy lady and have some amazing projects to keep you going for a short while - or maybe a bit longer than a short while! :)

Catrin Lewis said...

Are we planning a long illness which means we can't go to the day job?

I'm usually a little over ambitious but I think you've beaten me to it!

Looking forward to seeing a few of these finished though x

DeborahGun said...

that is crazy!!!

mammafairy said...

Amy, are you mad? I think just looking at that collection would make me hide in a corner! It is frightening how many projects are on the go there! Good luck!

Jo Jo said...

Haha! You nutter! it's making me feel faint thinking about all that work you have to do ;)

Anonymous said...

Just a little ambitious?! I LOVE the arrow top, a red binding would be lovely unless it needs to grow? 84 days sounds like a long time, doesn't it. You'll need every minute of it though ;-)

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Quite a list. You go girl!

Jodi B. said...

You have so many CUTE quilts going! Love the seam ripper on "And Sew On". I think the arrow quilt is super because it is so different. Can't wait to see what you finish.

LethargicLass said...

I am pretty sure your list even makes my WIPs look small! I'll be cheering you on!

CapitolaQuilter said...

Oh my, that is a lot. You just keep starting more fabulous projects that's all. Drawing in stitches...I want to try that! I think red binding on #2 and a gray border on #25. After seeing your post, now my sweet sixteen seem less out of control. Good Luck!

Katherine said...

I love your list, Amy! It will be exciting to see your progress. Good to know I'm not the only one that likes to have several things going at the same time, project wise. Go, Amy, Go!

Nicky said...

Somehow I don't feel so bad about my list now! Didn't dare number mine - I don't really want to know!