Saturday 28 September 2013

Holiday Memories - 26 September


I have so many great memories from the various holidays [or vacations if you are reading this is the UK] that I have taken!  

So when I read about Celtic Thistle Stitches mini quilt competition, I immediately knew which memory I would share!  It was a family summer camping trip to Sandbanks Provincial Park.  I remember the photo taken that day and I was wearing a matching shorts and top set that my mom had sewn for me and a canvas sun hat.  We entered a sandcastle competition on the beach and we created the trillium logo of our province.  We didn't win.  This is what we based the sand sculpture on:


I recently paper pieced a Trillium cushion for the Forest QAL which brought back all these memories.  The photograph of our trillium sculpture is in Canada in my storage boxes but I can recall the day as clear as a bell!  I loved those camping holidays. 

  
Seeing a trillium in the woods was such a special thing.  There are may varieties but the ones I remember were always white.  Oh - and NEVER pick a trillium!!!


Time waits for no one and since leaving my home province, it appears that they have a new logo with a much jazzier trillium!

Linking up to Celtic Thistle Stitches.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely memory and a lovely cushion! Chrissie x

Catherine said...

Love your trillium, especially the beautiful centre!

Leanne said...

I love trilliums and your pillow is beautiful.

DeborahGun said...

gorgeous :-) What a great reminder of good times!

Kelly said...

So pretty!

Celtic Thistle said...

Thanks for linking up, I love your cushion and the story behind it!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Is a trillium like a triffid??
Cute cushion, although if it is a triffid, I would be scared it would creep up on me whilst I was snoozing!! x

moira said...

I really love your little French knots. great cushion

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your trillium is beautiful! Good luck in the competition :)

Paula said...

Beautiful cushion.

Vera said...

Pretty I like those little details! Well done.