Tuesday 15 January 2013

A lot to learn...

Oh dear - don't you just hate it when this happens [said in an annoyed tone]:

No seam allowance left here - I cut it off = bad Amy!

I went to make my block square but it was obviously way off 'square-ness' which resulted in one section having NO seam allowance.  This frustratingly means when I sew this block to another block I will have a dodgy square corner on what should be a red square with lovely pointy corners -- and I don't want a square point! [throws toys out of pram, stomps around room huffing and puffing]

Top left red square = sucks.

Oh well - just a wee reminder that I am human and that I still have a lot to learn! [growls with severe annoyance at self].

Hope your sewing shenanigans are going more smoothly than mine!!!  I think I will go sulk and eat chocolate. 


7 comments:

Di said...

Chill Miss A. It will be better than you think when you get it all together. Di x

Ellie Q said...

Hope the chocolate helped! It's frustrating when something like that happens, but in the grand scheme of your whole quilt it won't be that noticeable (to anyone but you!)

Charlotte said...

grrrrr! But it really won't notice when it's finished!

mammafairy said...

You are just being perfectionist! Remember, only God makes perfect, and you have to have something there to show you are human! Honestly, no-one will notice it on the quilt when it is done!Pretty block!

Jo Jo said...

I know how you feel. Just about to unpick the quilting I did last night, for the SECOND time. Just can't get it right and it's very annoying. A wise, old quilty lady once told me that if you do it wrong, redo it. Sometimes I take this advice and sometimes not, but if it will always annoy you, I'd redo it! It will only take a little while. Lovely block :)

Gertie Pye said...

Oh boo :( I think we have all done this before. But it will look fine when it is in the mix. Great colours! x

Kelly said...

I have yet to make a single project without making at least one mistake. It looks fabulous x