Sunday 30 September 2012

September - month in review

September -- another fun month frolicking with fabric.  What shenanigans did I get up to in the 30 days of September?  Here is my mosaic:


September was a month full of making bee bocks and swap items!  And of those most of them were stars!!  I tackled paper piecing and even took a class in embroidery with Aneela Hoey herself.  My favourite items were the Zakka Nesting boxes in Blitzen Christmas fabric and a variety of linen fabrics.  I am getting prepped for Christmas at a slow and steady pace :)


I am most proud of making a paper pieced star [ET Phone home] for a bee block.  I was terrified of making that block so at the 11th hour I buckled down and just got on with it and miracle of miracles didn't cry while making it!  And it actually looked pretty good when it was finished.  What a relief!  I also loved the end result of making the Open Wide pouch - a Noodlehead pattern.  There are so many fun - and free - things to make out there.



And that is the ninth month of 2012 finished.  Wow, 2012 is going by so quickly.  Three months remaining to try to complete all that I have on my many lists so I can go into 2013 with a clean slate sewing room.  I do love to challenge myself!!!

I must also mention that I managed to complete 2 out of 5 goals on my 3rd Quarter Finish Along with Quilter in the Gap - yay!  Two isn't bad - I made two in the last quarter as well so at least I'm consistent!  My finishes were the Brit Quilt Mini Quilt and my Pretty Pleats Tote Bag.  Sadly I did not get my Mod Sampler done despite great efforts last week.  Never mind - I'll just have to add it to the next quarter :)

Here is to a GREAT October!

Linking to Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day.

17 comments:

Amy DeCesare said...

What a brilliant month for you! I'm doing some paper piecing, too, and it's a challenge, but well worth it, IMO. Sooooo much good stuff in your mosaic, but I think that London pouch is my favorite.

Izzy said...

Great mosaic Amy! All lovely little projects.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Fabulous mosaic! Well done on the paper piecing (are you loving it now that you've tried it?!). Your Bee blocks look so great!

sew.darn.quilt said...

You have been a very bust gal, wow!! I really like the Open Wide Pouch, what a great shape. Brilliant! :)

sew.darn.quilt said...

Whoops...I mean BUSY gal! Sorry about that! :\

Charlotte said...

I am well impressed, in particular with the ET block. I know how you were dreading it, and it looks perfect!

Gertie Pye said...

Crikey Amy you really have been busy! I am so impressed with your ET block. I think it mught be the squarest of all the ones I have seen on flickr! Love your cathedreal windows and girl on a swing too x

Kelly said...

and you call me an overacheiver!!!! Gorgeous x

Di said...

Well Amy you are definitely on something! That is one impressive mosaic! Di x

dutchcomfort said...

That’s some impressive mosaic! Love your starry projects!

Jo Jo said...

Yes, an over achiever indeed! My absolute favourite are your sailor mouth swap goodies - awesome!

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! Love your stars! I think working with Christmas fabrics will be next for me as well.

Mary Menzer said...

Love that little pouch. It's always nice to look back and see that we have been productive.

Joanne said...

Your ET block is just perfect! and I love that feather, I really want to have a go at them.

Shannon said...

I love that star-within-a-star block! Does it have a name/tutorial?

Beth said...

Oh, such lovely shenanigans! I especially like that block in the 5th row, 1st column!

Anonymous said...

Busy, Busy, Busy - Well done! I like your little Christmas boxes - very cute snowman:)