Saturday 15 September 2012

Scrap vomit swap

Scrap Vomit Squares Pack - InternationalI've joined another swap but I had to because this one will give me a variety of 2.5" squares that I can either put towards making my remaining Great Granny squares (the quilt-along of which I am so very very behind in) or perhaps I could put them towards a 'scrap vomit quilt' or 'ticker tape quilt' that you see all around blogland.  Or I could just move them about and make different patterns and stare and drool... Yup, this is most likely what I will do with my 2.5" squares when they are sent to me!

Gnome Angel is coordinating the swap which is sectioned into two groups - Aussies or All Others.  I have a few squares already cut and pressed which are the ones that didn't make the cut to be in my Great Granny blocks - so I feel under control for cutting the 3 sets of 49 - 2.5" squares blocks to post out.  Deadline isn't until the beginning of October.  I can do it, right?

Of course I can!!

6 comments:

Hilachas said...

Yes, you can do it. I've joined it to and I think both of us can do it. It should be fun seeing different charms.

Deb said...

I've joined too! I'm looking forward to all the lovelies.

Deb said...

I love swaps that I don't have to buy new fabric for!

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

You can do it! I am so sad to be missing on this and the Low Volume swap. I have to put it all on hold until after my move. I need to see if there will be another one!

Cherie said...

Lol more swaps! Good luck with them all =D

Pam said...

Of course you can do it, all I did was pull out my box of ready cut strips and sub cut into squares. I am a control freak and file away every scrap according to size and colour. It saves so much time when I need/want to start a new project. This is my first swap and I had my squares cut and packed the day I signed up, such excitement, very childish, second childhood maybe.