Wednesday 12 September 2012

Our own version of...

Ok, so you know how there are the main Olympics and also the Paralympics?  Well, the Paralympics were once run alongside, or parallel (hence its name) to the main games. 

So, my FQ Retreat and blogging friend Di of Willowbeck Designs and I are having our very own "parallel" swap - our own private version of Mouthy Stitches 2.  You see, we both missed signing up for the main event (which filled up in a matter of hours!!) so to cheer ourselves up decided we needed to become our own team and swap the same tote bags that the Mouthy Stitches gang will be making and swapping - but we'll just swap with each other.  So exciting!! 

We've called our little swap 'Paramouthy Stitches' -- get it!!?  One could misinterpret it as 'Pair-of-mouthy-stitchers', but I like the reference to the Olympics and Paralympics better!  Gold medals to us for sure!

Being a good girl, I followed the rules of the real main event and made a mosaic of my likes to help and assist my secret partner non-secret partner stalk me.  Here is my inspiration mosaic:


Click here to see the credits.  I am excited to see what sort of mosaic Di makes - will it be colourful? - challenging? - full of paper pieced inspiration?  I am super excited and can't wait to sew for her! 

Just finishing a Lemsip and about to go to bed to dream about sewing a tote bag!  Have a great night!

14 comments:

Francine said...

great idea! I want in on that swapping action!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Oh I can't wait to see what you two make! I'm (obviously) loving your mosaic ;o)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Sweet dreams about tote bags! :) I just love looking at colorful mosaics like that.

Mrs A said...

Nice colours in your mosaic, hope you have fun with the swap!

Charlotte said...

awww, fab idea! Love the mosaic!

Di said...

Hang on Mrs! There are quite a few twirly complicated thingys in that mosaic. I think that you are going for gold here! Di x

HillyFilly said...

What a good idea... I missed it too... will teach me to look at my feed every day.... Like that mosaic... Dill have fun.. Hope you are feeling better too......

Canadian Abroad said...

Great idea. I will follow along with your swap as well as ours. Sorry you missed the sign ups but this will more than make up for it I think.

Indianna said...

Looks like you are loving those swirls. Hope Di doesn't get in a twist making it for you.

Second Chance Tan said...

Great idea..... enjoy your para swap x

Colette said...

Haha, great idea, a gold medal each indeed, just for the idea!

Cherie said...

A very fun sounding idea! =D

Kelly said...

So Amy you want either a snail block or star ;-)
Love this idea and the name x

mammafairy said...

It looks to me as though you and Di are going to have to expand a little, to include a few of the other misser outers.

and I think you have a galactic theme going on, either birth on a galaxy with the stars and the helices, or perhaps you feel like going in ever decreasing circles?