Friday 7 September 2012

I tried sumfin new x 2

Finally feeling better...  My migraine was finally kicked into submission and I was my [nearly] normal self today.  So, at lunchtime, I decided I had better get my large item started for the Sailor Mouth Swap.  I used this tutorial and when I got home from work I finished making this lined box bag:


This was my first time making a box bag though I've wanted to make one for a long time!  The tutorial I used was really good - I even modified the measurements and it turned out!  Woohoo!  I had another pattern for a similar box bag but it wasn't lined.  I'd make a non-lined one for myself but this is for a stranger who will no doubt judge me and my sewing 'skillz'.  Fingers crossed I've done a good job!

This was also my first time making a covered fabric button!!  I wanted a fun zipper pull for the bag so I attached the handmade button to a clip key chain ring thingy but it is not a great zipper pull [hahaha - it's a "SHIT" zipper pull!].  All in all it was a fun project to make and came together quite quickly.  The embroidery on the other side was done a week or so ago which helped me complete this fairly quickly tonight.  Look to my Flickr photostream next week for the final reveal of the goodies I've made for my secret partner.


Linking up to TNT Thursday over at Happy Quilting, Show Off Friday at Pieceful Life,  Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and TGIFF over at Quokka Quilts.

17 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

Love the little box bag!!! So cute!!!

Laura said...

ha, great job! love the zipper pull. how did you print on the fabric? I tried stamping with lumiere paints but the fabric sucks it in... thanks for joining up! What do you put in a box-bag?

Charlotte said...

fab! Thanks for the link to the tutorial :-D

Gertie Pye said...

Ha ha! Very good!

Karen said...

Adorable. I am sure your swap partner will love it.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your box bag and your button zip pull is great :)

Pattilou said...

Great gift and the tutorial is a great one too. Thanks for that.

MetroQuilter said...

Looks great, will look out for the reveal

Ellie Q said...

I love this! How cute.

Cherie said...

So cute! Wow that's one large box! =D

Colette said...

Great job, love that zipper pull! Glad you're feeling better too.

M-R Charbonneau said...

LOL! Now that's my kind of bag! Great job, Amy!

Second Chance Tan said...

Any, huge thanks I got your parcel yesterday with the fab winnings in from your give away. I love them all, and am absolutely delighted, they will be put to good use. I blogged about them here http://sewasecondchance.blogspot.co.uk/
Have a good weekend

x

JanetK said...

I love your little box pouch - and the zipper pull rocks! Thanks for the link to the tutorial too.

Sarah Craig said...

Great zipper bag - love that zipper pull! Whoop whoop!!

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job! your colors are beautiful and LOVE the button!

Ivy & Co said...

bold zipper pull, hahaha.