Sunday 2 September 2012

August ~ Month in review

August was a busy month.  I'm linking up with Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day.  Check out all the other linked blogs too!

Lily's QuiltsThis past month was a whirlwind!  I was away for two full weeks but managed to do a tiny bit of embroidery while away -- but it still made for a manic month of sewing when I came home!  As soon as I got back I had to colelct Mr Toyota from the sewing machine doctor and spa.  He arrived back a much happier sewing machine!  In August, I mainly worked on bee blocks, my Vintage Holiday quilt and getting a few WiP's and UFO's crossed off my list(s).  I went to the Festival of Quilts, met Tula Pink, got a cheeky photo with Kaffe Fassett (he wasn't amused), won a prize in the Pets on Quilts competition and won a prize for my Snowman Journal from Sew Festive - yay for me!!!  All in all it was a fun month sewing and even meeting up with quilty-bloggy friends and their four-legged best friends!

Here is a mosaic of all the things I made in August (but not my completed WiP's):


My six finished items:


My favourite item of the month had to be my 'Shaggy Texty Tree' block that I entered into Texting While Sewing competition on During Quiet Time.  It was a blast to sew up and though it didn't make the prize category, I received a handful of really positive comments and that made me smile and I appreciate each and every comment -THANK YOU!  As many of you know, my confidence is not high so lovely comments like those are magic to me.   Here is the block I'm referring to:


The other highlight of August was the amazing response to my Quilting Gallery Blog Hop giveaway!  Thank you for sharing where you blog and/or what your favourite blog to read is - I can't wait to check them all out!

Have a great September everyone!!!

Linking to QEDon the 15th.

13 comments:

Gertie Pye said...

Your shaggy tree was even better in real life! Really lovely. Your mosaic is very impressive - you have been busy.

Why on earth was Kaffe not impressed? Did you tell him who you are?

Charlotte said...

LOLing at Gertie!
You have made some lovely things! The tree is just fabtabulous (yes, that is a real word)

Di said...

Sewing on speed? Di x

Di said...

Or speedy sewing? Lovely makes. Di x

Sarah said...

So much great sewing, really loving your Vintage Holiday blocks!

Marla said...

Way to go keeping up with the Zakka SAL. I did about 1/2 the projects and will probably come back for the last one. I found you through lily's quilts linky party.

Sarah Lou said...

Sewing on speed sounds ... interesting! Your blocks really are great, you should be proud!

Kelly said...

Your like a whirlwind Amy - you need to be sitting with the over acheivers at the next meet ;-)

Cherie said...

Wow you weren't kidding that is a mosaic and a half!! =D

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a productive month... What ever you are having for breakfast works a treat :-)

Sarah Ashford said...

Wow what gorgeous makes! I hope your migrane has gone for good now so that you can have a productive September!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You've had a fantastic month! I especially love your tree :)

Pat Merkle said...

You have such fabulous and creative projects! Thanks so much for all of your links to QED for September!