Saturday 14 July 2012

Just spoolin' around

Partner, I've started your mini quilt [Brit Quilt Round 3 Mini Quilt swap].  I hope you like it so far....


I still have to add a border (I'll keep that a secret - only because it isn't made yet!!) and some hand stitching.   I know what I want to do for the border but need to find a method on-line how to do it.  Plan B (if Plan A fails!!) will be something more simple but hopefully effective and something you will like!!
________________________

In other sewing news - I finished a few Christmas 'Thank You' cards using more of the Blitzen mini charm pack.  Aren't they great (sorry for the terrible photos - they look amazing and bright in real life, believe me)!   I am over the moon with them!  I've never sewn onto card before so that was fun -- remind me to change the needle!!


You can [hopefully] see that I used some mini square brads and some tiny silver round brads on the cards for some added texture, along with the 'thank you' plates and white thread stitches.  I should have picmonkey'd the pictures first to show better colour but I'm on my way out to buy some interfacing and I wanted to get this done.  Lots more on my to-do list this weekend so see you later!

Linking to:



  • Think Pink Sundays
  • Manic Monday linky party
  • July Finishes
    July Finishes
      


  • Linked up 

    16 comments:

    Liz DandeliondD said...

    I love your Mini.

    And such a great idea to use the mini charms for Christmas thank you cards. Wow you are super prepared.
    xxxx

    Deborah said...

    Lovely mini and your cards are inspiring! I might give this a try!

    Charlotte said...

    that spool ROCKS!

    Gertie Pye said...

    OOooo sewing mini charm squares onto cards is a goooooood idea! I got a Blitzen mini in my goodie bag too so I am going to try that! Thanks for the idea x

    Di said...

    I like you mini. I can only hope that you might be my partner. I had never thought of using the mini charm squares to make cards. I like the idea a lot! DI x

    mammafairy said...

    great fun!

    Cherie said...

    Love the mini and those cards are so cute! =D

    Pam @Threading My Way said...

    I love sewing cards. Yours look great!!! You've chosen the perfect combination of colours with your cardboard and fabric.

    AECDesigns said...

    That block is SO clever! :)
    Nice job!

    Pat Merkle said...

    I love the mini and the cards. Wonderful work!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Quilty Embellishment Day.

    trash said...

    Not. Even. Thinking. About. Christmas. Yet.


    (but yr stuff is beautiful)

    Claire Jain said...

    The Spool is really cute :-)

    Connie Kresin Campbell said...

    What a wonderful spool block and your cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    Rachel said...

    Love your block and your cards!

    Elizabeth said...

    So, so clever! I'm going to have to get one of those mini charm packs just so I can make super cute Christmas cards. Seriously! LOVE it! A lot! Great finish and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    Pam @Threading My Way said...

    Hi Amy, I've featured your Christmas thank you cards today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/12/threading-your-way-features_8.html