Sunday 1 July 2012

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day everyone! 

To celebrate, I made a 'procrastination pie' and a 'procrastination pot holder'!  It is also Jax's 7th Birthday - so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my four-legged-friend!
I wish I had machined the binding onto the scrappy side so my hand stitches
would have been on the linen 'back' side.  Oh well - I now know for next time! 




I made my Zakka Patchwork Potholder in red fabrics (some scraps I had of plaid, homespun and paisley) to help celebrate the day.  It took very little time to put together - with the picking of fabrics being the longest part!  I am addicted to making potholders!! 

I was going to make a sponge cake and put whipped cream and strawberries on it for the red and white theme but we ate the strawberries late last night - oops!  I had loads of apples in the fridge so I made a pie instead.  Still yummy :) 

I ran out of Kona Ash last night so I did not complete the binding for my Green-Grey-Teal-Turquoise quilt so I am off out now to try and get some - on a Sunday.  Wish me luck! 

I'm linking to LR Stitched Zakka Style Sew Along (fingers crossed for me this week!!) and Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story.
 
Happy Canada Day!


July Finishes
July Finishes

5 comments:

Cherie said...

The potholder is cute and that pie sounds yummy!
Good luck finding that fabric...do stores open on a Sunday? What part of London are you in? =D

Cary said...

I like your hot pad, but that pie is making me hungry! Both look great!

Elizabeth said...

Happy (belated) Canada Day! Such a cute potholder! I love it! And procrastination pie? Sounds delicious. I must go and make some. Back to the potholder; I love your fabrics and the cute little pocket on the back for sliding your hand into. What a great project! Thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Anonymous said...

I just bought the Zakka Patchwork book and this will probably be my first project! Yours turned out great!

Shay said...

LOVE the potholder Amy. This design is so classy and makes a lot of sense. (I tried one of these once and nearly wanted to commit hari kari because I just couldn't get it right ) You did a brilliant job!