My poor fingers - I was stabbed by my pins and seam ripper oh, about 1000 times, so they are now all sore. Poor me!! This project was a complicated one and the seam ripper was well used! Thank goodness for Spotted Stones blog for her tips and extra corrections! Once I got my head round it all so I made sure that my precious prints stayed upright (I didn't want an upside down pig, did I!??), I managed to make this wee beauty:
The 'yellow pig with spider web on his bum on linen+green circles' fabric is just too cool for words so 'nuf said. The only zip I had in the correct size for the outer pocket was a red one so I decided to go with some bright red as the binding.
I like how it turned out but I know where I would improve next time. That is what is so great about sewing - you are constantly improving your skill set. Zippers, loads of layers, pockets - this project had all sorts of precise elements and I think I did pretty well, for a first attempt. I am linking this project to Kelby Sews 'My Precious QAL' [15 June], amylouwho Sew & Tell Friday, LR Stitched 'Zakka Style Sew Along', Pieceful Life Show Off Friday, Confessions of a Fabric Addict Whoop Whoop and Such a Sew and Sew A Stitch in Time June Finishes - and what a relief and pleasure it is to do so!!
Also, here are a few pictures of the other items I (COMPLETED) made with my first pile of 'precious' fabrics [Amy Butler Love] along with the blocks for a quilt: (NOT COMPLETED):
|Have decided it needs to be bigger so am working on a plan!|