Thursday 1 March 2012

Modern Quilting magazine draw winner

Thank to everyone who entered my first draw!  It was great to find out where you are in the world and thank you for all of your comments.  Just a side note for you - the Modern Quilting magazine can also be purchased as a digital subscription so for all of you that live somewhere that may not stock it, do investigate the digital option.  What a modern word we live in! 

The random.org widget picked "thorngrove" as the winner so my congratulations to you!   I will be emailing you soon to get your mailing details!  I hope you enjoy the magazine (it is beginner-friendly) and have fun entering into this big world of modern and traditional quilting.   She wrote:
I've just started getting into quilting (and need all the help I can get)! ;-D

Have a great Thursday everyone.  I will end here with a photo of my favourite quilt (this was my second quilt that I made)!  Here is my plaid log cabin with scrappy band on the back.  Enjoy!

Pattern called 'A Gift to Myself' - plaid log cabin quilt
The back of my plaid log cabin quilt. 

4 comments:

thorngrove said...

Oh, wonderful! Thank you so much. :-)

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Well done - I'll post it in the morning :)

Kathryn D. Duke said...

I L O V E this quilt...did you use old shirts or just fabric with plaids??

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Both - used shirts and fabric, but mostly fabric. I did manage to use one of my dad's favourite shirts (thanks Dad!!) and a couple of other shirts, and a piece of a pair of pajama's too!